All Things Make-Believe
This week of activities includes the following topics (Hands-On Activities in parentheses):
- Imaginary Places (Painting)
- Imaginary Creatures (Create a mystery creature through fold and draw)
- Magic Powers (Make a magic wand)
- Fairy Tales (Create puppets for a puppet show in a castle)
- Fables (Water displacement experiment - based on The Crow & the Pitcher)
Includes detailed plans for 5 days of activities. The activities are interdisciplinary, and we list the skills covered. Each day has a hands-on activity, a physical movement activity, and free play ideas. We also provide a book recommendation for read-alouds with discussion questions. Finally and most importantly, we provide inquiry questions for each activity. This stimulates your child's mind and engages them in crtical thinking and reasoning, while having tons of fun!
These engaging activities will have a lasting impact on your child! You will reinforce skills and advance learning, all through fun, play-based explorations! Enjoy and play on!